Now Hiring For Van Matre Encompass Health
RN Weekend Rehab Liaison
*Tuition Reimbursement* *Continuing Education*
Helping patients regain hope and independence. Treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided!
***State of IL RN licensure required***
Great opportunity for a professional RN who is looking for a weekend position (Saturday and Sunday) that is fun and fast paced, taking the RN to another level by utilizing their expertise to make a difference. Our Rehab Liaison is responsible for developing census as defined through targeted goals of the business plan and developing referral relationships within the geographic territory with an emphasis on face-to-face contacts. In addition, the liaison will assist with coordination of referral to admission conversion process and represent HealthSouth in community-related activities. In addition, this position:
-Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory identifying new business and potential opportunities.
-Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and follows up on admissions variables.
-Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines, competitive analysis, and market place trends
-Provides in-services and professional presentations for referral sources, community groups and other organizations, regarding the HealthSouth’s services, programs and outcomes.
A beautiful 61-bed acute rehab hospital, Van Matre HealthSouth is a joint venture between HealthSouth, a national leader of rehab services, and Rockford Health System, site of the Brain and Spine Center, the areas first Neurosciences program. We specialize in rehabilitation of stroke and other neurological disorders, brain and spinal cord injuries, amputations, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions. Our goal is to improve our patients’ function so they can return back home and to the activities they enjoy most. As the employer of choice, we offer high patient satisfaction and a friendly, professional, patient focused environment. Rockford, IL is centrally located between Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago. We have wonderful parks and shopping- it combines all the benefits of a big city with the convenience and comfort of a small town.
The Rehab Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in continuing your education.
License or Certification:
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving record according to company policy
- Current State RN License required
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare environment preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes.
Apply online today:
Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
950 S Mulford Road, Rockford, IL 61108
950 South Mulford Road, Rockford 61108Job ID: