Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Manager
Geisinger HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Geisinger HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture between Geisinger Medical Center and HealthSouth Corporation. The goal of this partnership is to provide state-of-the-art rehabilitation services to the people of Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania.
We have a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital located on the Geisinger Medical Center campus and seven Outpatient Centers located within Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania.
Our Outpatient Centers provides a higher level of care to patients recovering from stroke and other neurological disorders, brain and spinal cord injury, amputations, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions. An extensive network of outpatient rehabilitation centers allows the surrounding communities to benefit from the expertise of the professional rehab team including physical, occupational and speech therapies.
We are seeking a Outpatient Manager for our Woodbine Lane Outpatient Clinic located in Danville. The successful candidate will have:
- Effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships.
- Competency as a licensed Physical Therapist providing evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment of a general rehabilitation outpatient patient population..
- Ability to oversee with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and communications to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Outpatient Manager is responsible for approximately 12 staff- 9 clinical and 3 non-clinical.
A caseload is required with approximately 25% of your time spent in leadership and operational activities such as staff development, scheduling, coordinating outpatient follow-up for discharged inpatients, budgets, and marketing activities to maintain and develop referral sources.
Our connection with Geisinger Medical Center affords us a unique opportunity to work with a wide range of diagnosis with an orthopedic physician practice on-site at our Woodbine Lane center.
Job Code: 100013
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, Outpatient, Ortho, sports medicine, outpatient clinic, PT Manager, Outpatient Manager, Outpatient Director.
License or Certification:
- Must have current Pennsylvania Physical Therapy license
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
- A minimum of three years discipline specific or leadership experience ideal, with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certification, preferred.
Address: 64 Rehab Lane, Danville 17821
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1718757