HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Fredericksburg
Occupational Therapists (PRN)
If you enjoy helping patients regain hope and independence,
come join our team!
The importance of therapy to HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals can't be overstated. At HealthSouth, comprehensive rehabilitation is planned and administered by a highly specialized and integrated team including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, case managers and others. Occupational Therapists are a valuable resource and bring an important perspective to this interdisciplinary approach. We help the patients regain control of their lives and their independence, treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided.
The Occupational Therapist provides occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines.
In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in occupational therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of occupational therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Occupational Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100006