Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Case Management - Newnan, GA (SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE)
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Newnan is currently looking for a Director of Case Management to join our hospital leadership team.
As a member of Senior Leadership, the Director of Case Management (DCM) is responsible for the day to day operations and human resource management of the department of Case Management. With a central focus on census management, patient care outcomes and key care indicators the DCM oversees the interdisciplinary plan of care and the discharge planning process to ensure the effectiveness and appropriateness of services. The DCM is a patient and family advocate to ensure that services are delivered to meet the needs of patients and families and that the utilization of resources is appropriate.
The Director of Case Management assumes responsibility for providing appropriate training, education and management of the department of Case Management. The DCM serves as a Senior Leader who coordinates and communicates effectively with other members of administration, medical staff and the interdisciplinary patient care team regarding service delivery, financial management, and discharge planning processes.
The Director of Case Management provides training and direction to support Case Manager’s effectively completing assigned responsibilities; managing caseloads, interpreting regulations, policies, operational procedures, and objectives; reviewing operations in assigned area to ensure a high level of quality that is consistent with organizational standards. Additionally the DCM participates in utilization review activities; performs case management analysis; and oversees concurrent review functions with appropriate follow-up action plan and intervention.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Helping you become a better case manager is critical to our success. You will be paired with a preceptor; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. We also have a Case Management Professional Development Program. The intent of the program is to provide a framework that promotes Directors of Case Management to advance in their professional growth. As a Director of Case Management, you will be eligible for a bonus upon attaining advancement levels in the professional development program. If you do not currently have your ACM or CCM certification, we will support you in achieving this goal by providing a certification prep course and reimbursement for the exam fee.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Newnan is a 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
2101 E. Newnan Crossing Blvd
Newnan, GA 30265
License and Certification:
• Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
• If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
• Current CCM® or ACM™ certification is required or must be obtained within one year of being placed in the position. If you do not currently have your ACM or CCM certification, we will support you in achieving this goal by providing a certification prep course and reimbursement for the exam fee.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
• For Nursing, must possess baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN) with RN licensure.
• For other eligible health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
• 3 years of hospital based Case Management experience including Utilization Review and Discharge Planning experience.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs all duties and responsibilities as described in Case Manager job description when providing case management services.
• Manages caseload assignment of patients to case managers.
• Oversees team conference process and educates staff in facilitation and reporting.
• Leads daily case management operations meetings, represents department in hospital operations.
• Analyzes reports from PATCOM, UDS, and Press Ganey.
• Implements and educates case managers on effective utilization of the continuum of care and community resources.
• Completes special projects and other duties as requested to support needs of organization.
• Coordinates and supports hospital utilization review process.
• Ensures compliance with CMS regulations and Conditions of Participations for discharge planning.
• Assigns patient caseload to dept members and self for optimal service delivery.
• Manages core staffing plan and employs flexible staffing plan as necessary.
• Acts as a resource for case managers and other team members.
• Coordinates with other department managers to direct quality of care delivery.
• Participates in administrative on-call schedule and coordinates case management on-call schedule.
• Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
• Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
Address: 2101 E. Newnan Crossing Blvd., Newnan 30265
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1811091