Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Human Resources Director - Reading, PA
HealthSouth Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is currently looking for a Human Resources Director to join their senior team.
In addition, the Human Resources Director:
- Directs hospital recruitment and retention program to ensure availability of appropriate staffing resources. Serves as a resource to department managers and other employees.
- Coordinates the overall education program for all staff in conjunction with the Education Coordinator/Employee Health Nurse
- Monitors Employee Health activities and Workers' Compensation management
- Assists with Benefits Administration
- Acts as liaison between Corporate HR and the hospital management
- Ensures appropriate documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
The Human Resources Director is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100176
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field required. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of three to five years of Human Resources Management experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1811860