Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Respiratory Therapist - PRN
HealthSouth MidAmerica Rehabilitation Hospital
Now Hiring PRN Respiratory Therapists
Helping patients regain hope and independence
Act as the direct link to help patients succeed in inpatient rehabilitation by supervising care and treatments provided by team members, leading patient assessments, creating personalized plans of care, communicating progress and targeting patient concerns, offering timely solutions.
Only the best will do
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- College savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-paid legal plan
- and much more!
Eighty percent of patients discharged directly home
Our registered nursing teams get to know patients over two to four weeks on average, providing care for conditions such as:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Joint replacement
- Multiple trauma
Advanced tools to support patient progress
- Advanced technologies
- Evidence-based practice guidelines
- Clinical outcomes to assess and improve treatment interventions
- National outcomes database
- Trained mentors
- Internal and external education
- Professional treatment teams
- Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
- CPR certification
- ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 2 years hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 5701 W. 110th Street, Overland Park 66211
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1812652