Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nutrition Services Aide II
HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL OF YORK
Our hospital is a 90 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. We provide a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled independent private practice physicians, HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
The Nutrition Services Aide (Dietary Aide):
Are you compassionate? Do you love working with the elderly population? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? HealthSouth Rehab Hospital of York is seeking a Nutrition Services Aide to join our team!
Responsibilities of the Nutrition Services Aide are as follows but not limited to:
- Prepare beverages and snacks for meal service and snack distribution
- Tray setup
- Dish washing and daily cleanup
- Food service in the cafeteria
- Delivering food to patient rooms
Job Code: 100248
License or Certification: - Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations) – not required in PA.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience: -
· Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
· Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred
Machines, Equipment Used: - General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, dish washer
· Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
· Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
· Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
· Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary.
· The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart. –
· Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
· Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
· Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
· Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
· Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
· Ability to work independently without supervision.
· Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
· Occasional outdoor exposure.
· Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
· Handicapped accessible.
· Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
· Hot and cold temperatures extremes
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
· Meets established attendance standards.
· Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
· May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
· May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
· Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
· May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
· May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1850 Normandie Drive, York 17408
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1813566