HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Modesto
The Laboratory Manager serves as an administrative officer, business manager, and technical advisor for the Hospital's laboratory. The position assists the CEO in long range planning and in the formation and implementation of administrative policies and procedures. The Lab Manager coordinates the relationship between the Laboratory and other hospital departments. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Keywords: Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Lab Scietist, Med Tech
Job code: 100550
License or Certification:
- Medical Technologist or laboratory scientist eligible for certification by an approved agency or in States that require licensure, Laboratory Supervisor in 5 areas.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or other applicable laboratory science, Master's degree in Business or Health Administration preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years laboratory supervisory experience including functioning as Medical Technologist.
Machines, Equipment Used: - General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Knowledge and use of laboratory analyzers.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster. - May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. - May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Address:
1303 Mable Ave, Modesto 95355Shift:
Day JobJob ID: