Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Technician/Personal Care Assistant/Evening Shift
Do you want to be part of a professional healthcare team where you impact and improve your patients’ lives? HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg is a 75-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg is an industry leading hospital that provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled nurses, independent private practice physicians and therapists, offering the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
The Rehab Nurse Technician is a vital part of the nursing team utilizing advanced nurse aide skills striving to deliver on the patients’ goal of returning home. Our Nurse Technicians are responsible for the personal care of patients with general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics and cardiac. We have specialized inpatient programs for wound care, stroke, brain injury, amputees, multiple trauma, arthritis, neurological disorders, and more. Career ladder advancement is available or if you desire to further your nursing practice, loan repayment programs and tuition reimbursement are available for Registered Nurse students. A comprehensive benefits package beginning on your first day of employment is available as our employees’ satisfaction and engagement is critical to each patients' success.
From first impression to last, know that our guiding principles are comfort, professionalism and respect extended to our patients and each other. If this sounds like something that you would want to become a part of, please apply now!
Job Code: 100132
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- CPR certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 175 Lancaster Boulevard, Mechanicsburg 17055-2016
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 1814370