HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital in Albuquerque is
seeking a Pharmacy Director to join the hospital leadership team.
Hospital Address: 7000 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Hospital Website: http://www.healthsouthnewmexico.com
The Pharmacy Director assumes responsibility for the overall functions and professional growth of the Department, contributes to development of hospital policies and programs, and participates with other members of the HealthCare Team in helping patients of all ages achieve positive clinical outcomes. The pharmacist interprets medication orders, profiles those orders in a computer system, and compounds and dispenses medications preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice. The pharmacist uses independent discretion and judgment with respect to supervisory and management decisions and recommendations. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100075
License or Certification:
- Licensed in good standing by the State Pharmacy Board. For the State in which the hospital is located.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successfully completed a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Address:
7000 Jefferson Northeast, Albuquerque 87109Job ID: