Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Chief Nursing Officer - Mechanicsburg, PA
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career? Would you like to lead a stellar team of caring professional nurses? HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg one of the top 10% rehabilitation hospitals in the country for patient outcomes, is looking for a dynamic leader to guide our team.
Located in Central Pennsylvania near the state capitol and close to a number of exciting destinations, we are a 75-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. You will be part of an industry leading hospital that provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled nurses, independent private practice physicians and therapists, offering the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics and cardiac, We have specialized inpatient programs for wound care, stroke, brain injury, amputees, multiple trauma, diabetes management, arthritis, neurological disorders, and more. We also have a comprehensive benefits package beginning on day one and a competitive compensation package.
The Chief Nursing Officer helps set the tone for our hospital’s patient care services and guides the staff to provide the best possible care to our patients.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes.
The CNO holds full responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. Represents nursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100112
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required, or a written plan to obtain these qualification approved by the National CNO and hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 175 Lancaster Boulevard, Mechanicsburg 17055-2016
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1814720