Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Registered Nurse- Nights- 8 or 12 hour shift- $5,000 sign on!
HealthSouth Reading Rehabilitation Hospital
The HealthSouth Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading, PA is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, the Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, HealthSouth Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seals of Approval® in:
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
At HealthSouth the role of a Registered Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
The Registered Nurse is also responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessment and reassessment of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to the patients needs and is reflective of the patients goals
Who will you treat? We are a post acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our Nurse, PT, OT and SLP therapists can expect to spend an average of 1-3 weeks with our patients, treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment!
We also offer student loan payment programs for past educational debt and tuition reimbursement for continuing education! Yes, we will pay your monthly student loan up to $250 a month every month after completing just one year of employment!
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, inpatient, acute rehab, stroke, head injury, brain injury, orthopedics, rehab hospital, TBI, CVA, Cardiopulmonary, spinal cord injury, ICU, CCU, ER, ED, med surg, med-surg, acute, hospital
Job Code: 100130
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- RN degree and active PA State license.
- Previous hospital acute care experience ideal, but not required.
- CRRN supported
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 1814850