Encompass Health Careers
Registered Dietitian (PRN schedule)
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richmond (formerly HealthSouth)
The Registered Dietitian plans therapeutic diets and confers with patients, doctors, nursing staff and patient family members concerning these diets.
The position monitors Nutrition Services provided to patients to ensure that standards of care are met in accordance with all associated regulatory agencies and the administrative policies of the hospital.
The Dietitian instructs patients in diets for home use prior to discharge and as outpatients.
The Dietitian monitors past and present nutritional status and makes recommendations to the health care team based on available data.
To ensure the accuracy of food production as related to modified diets, the Dietitian acts in a supervisory capacity, as needed and performs other project assignments.
Job Code: 100074
License or Certification:
- Must be licensed as a Registered Dietitian per state requirements
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
- Member of the American Dietetic Association preferred
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Science or advanced degree from an accredited institution, with a major in Food & Nutrition preferred.
- One year experience in Clinical Dietetics preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- May be exposed to hot, cold temperature extremes, noise, wet, slippery, hot surfaces, sharp objects, live steam.
- May be exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- May be exposure to high and low temperature extremes and exposed to extremely hot kitchen equipment.
- OSHA Classification II - Dietitian position tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Category I tasks, which might have a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential splashes. Exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessibility.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond 23226
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1814912