Encompass Health Careers
Physical Therapist- Full Time
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts
HealthSouth Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Ludlow, MA is a Joint Commission Certified 55 bed physical rehabilitation hospital. Our newly built facility treats adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
Our patients come to us just days out of surgery or the ICU and spend 1-3 weeks on average at our hospital receiving hospital level medical care and therapy services in preparation to return home to their families. We have experience therapy and medical staff to learn from to help make you a better physical therapist!
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
Our adult acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
The Physical Therapist is part of a full team of rehabilitation specialists including Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Nursing and Medical staff providing therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
We are proud that 80% of our patients are discharged directly home to their families and lives.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment! Plus additional student loan payment programs after just one year of employment!
Job Code: 100011
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, inpatient rehab, acute rehab, stroke, head injury, brain injury, orthopedics, outpatient, rehab hospital, TBI, CVA, Cardiopulmonary, spinal cord injury
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Physical Therapy degree program.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 222 State Street, LUDLOW 01056
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1815562