Encompass Health Careers
New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland, a Joint Venture of Maine Medical Center and HealthSouth
New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland, is the only free standing acute rehabilitation hospital in Maine.
Since 1986, we have been providing
quality inpatient and outpatient physical rehabilitation services. Our
results-oriented therapy programs help people improve their level of function
and reclaim their role in the community, at home and at work. NERHP is Joint Commission accredited
with a Disease Specific Gold Seal Certifications
in Stroke, Amputee, Hip Fracture and Brain Injury Rehabilitation and is
licensed by the State of Maine.
NERHP is a 100 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical rehabilitation to patients with stroke, brain injury, cardiac, pulmonary, spinal cord injury, amputation, and other neuro-muscular impairments. Our primary goal is to provide diagnostic and treatment services to people requiring physical rehabilitation in order to achieve their highest level of independence in the home and the community.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for a 50 bed hospital unit and the following critical functions:
* Assisting in the
development of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe
how patients' needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed,
evaluated, and met.
* Implementing the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
* Implementing an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
* Promoting an environment and culture that enables Healthsouth to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance.
* Supervising and coordinating nursing personnel and delivery of nursing care on a 24-hour basis for assigned area. * Coordinating administration and clinical activities, both inter and intra-departmentally, so that optimum patient care is provided, staffing is maintained and costs contained.
* Serving as CNO in his/her absence
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. Benefits are effective day one of employment.
Who are we?
Healthsouth is the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 120 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 36 states including Puerto Rico!
You will have the opportunity to work in an acute rehabilitation hospital providing quality treatment through a large group of healthcare professionals such as: OT, PT, SLP, Neuropsychologists, RN, LPN, CNA, Pharmacists and medical staff all dedicated to returning our patients to the highest level of functioning possible.
With an average of 80% of our patients returning home, we are proud of the work we do. Learn more about being a part of this successful team.
Keywords: Nurse Manger, Nurse Supervisor, ADON, DON, Director of Nursing, Med/Surg, acute care, hospital, ICU, CCU
License or Certification:
* Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
* CPR certification
* CRRN certification supported
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Nursing
* Five years experience in a hospital or skilled nursing/subacute setting.
* Two plus years Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
Address: 335 Brighton Avenue, Portland 04102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1816032