Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Chief Nursing Officer (Developing CNO Program)
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of York
Our Developing Future CNO program is designed to prepare leaders who aspire to be the chief nursing officer of a hospital. Program members learn through experience and mentorship how to lead significant improvements in the hospital’s nursing outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program, associate CNOs may apply to any open CNO opportunities across our national footprint.
The Associate Chief Nursing Officer position is a 12-18 month hospital CNO-in-training assignment. The Associate CNO is responsible for developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CNO while leading significant and successful improvements in the hospital's nursing outcomes. The Associate CNO reports to the hospital's CNO, is a member of the hospital's senior leadership team, and manages others - with progressively increasing responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The Associate CNO is expected to complete the Developing Future CNOs program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
Job Code: 101105
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Masters of Science in Nursing or related field (preferred, with an expectation of earning within 5 years of placement as a CNO).
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, unless higher degree required by state.
- Required: Five years of nursing experience.
- Required: Three years of experience in an inpatient hospital setting.
- Required: Two years of recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including: 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
Address: 1850 Normandie Drive, York 17408
Job ID: 1816101