Encompass Health Careers
Physical Therapist- Acute Inpatient Rehab Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital, co-owned by HealthSouth and UMass Medical Center located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists, Pharmacists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
We are currently interviewing for a full time Physical Therapist to join our team of experience rehabilitation professionals.
· Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
· Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
· Requires task delegation and supervision of Physical Therapist Assistants and Rehab Technicians.
· Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
· The Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital and receive patients just days out of surgery or the ICU. Typically our therapists can expect to treat a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
We have large therapy departments providing 3 plus hours of therapy a day on an individual and group basis. Working side-by-side with other experienced therapists and nurses you will have the opportunity to gain broad ranging clinical skills by working with a large patient group and through scheduled rotations across all our clinical floors.
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, inpatient rehab, acute rehab, stroke, head injury, brain injury, orthopedics, outpatient, rehab hospital, TBI, CVA, Cardiopulmonary, spinal cord injury
Job Code: 100011
Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
Current or pending MA PT license.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1816693