Encompass Health Careers
Cardinal Hill - Home Health Physical Therapy Assistant, Full-Time
The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to HH Agency, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy treatment.
- Performs physical therapy treatment tasks as delegated by and supervised by physical therapists.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with others in the home health agency to ensure patient, staff, and home health needs are met.
The Physical Therapist Assistant creates an environment and culture that enables the home health agency to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 100628
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Drivers license. Must meet company requirements for those who drive on behalf of the company.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited physical therapy assistant program preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Daily, frequent outdoor exposure including weather conditions, hazards of driving, and other hazards encountered in the community.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2050 Versailles Road, Lexington 40504
Job ID: 1817015