Encompass Health Careers
The Central Supply Supervisor directs all operations for purchasing, receiving, warehousing, inventory and supply distribution for the hospital.
The position develops and implements inventory control, maintains revenue and cost control for chargeable times, negotiates with vendors as required, and oversees national and local purchasing contract compliance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 101022
License or Certification:
- None required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of hospital supply management/distribution preferred.
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Job ID: 1817156