Encompass Health Careers
Occupational Therapist- Acute Rehab Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital, co-owned by HealthSouth and UMass Medical Center located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a hospital dedicated to physical rehab with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Physicians, Pharmacists, Neuropsychologists and other professional staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
** We are currently interviewing for a full time Occupational Therapist to join our team of experience rehabilitation professionals.
The role of an Occupational Therapist:
· Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
· Requires competency in occupational therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
· Requires task delegation and supervision of occupational therapist assistants and technicians.
· Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
· The Occupational Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Game Cycle, Driving eval systems, REO, Bioness for UE, Saebo, Hand Mentor, Wii, Primus BTE, Motomed, REO, and Vision Treatments may be available at hospital locations.
Keywords- Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapist, OT, Inpatient rehabilitation, Acute rehabilitation, Orthopedic, Head Injury, hospital rehab
License or Certification:
Must be in possession of current MA state license or certification on or before the first day of employment. CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1817329