Encompass Health Careers
Nutrition Services Director - Fredericksburg, VA
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Fredericksburg is currently looking for a Director of Nutrition Services to join our hospital leadership team.
The Nutrition Services Director plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the Nutrition Service Department for multiple hospitals, departments, and/or maintains the role of Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Service Manager. The position implements and supports policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staffing development and all other areas/departments of direct supervision and management. In addition, the Director role will provide administrative direction for therapeutic diets and assures that standard of care is met in accordance with all associate regulatory agencies and the administrative policies of the hospital. The Director is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Fredericksburg is a 52-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
300 Park Hill Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Click here for map
Click here for tour of the hospital
License or Certification:
• Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) or Executive Chef. Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program in Dietetics, Culinary Arts or related field preferred.
• Ten plus years healthcare food service experience, or 5 plus years of healthcare management experience required.
• Three to five years of healthcare clinical nutrition, or executive chef experience required.
• Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, administration and operation of hospital food services.
• Must have knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Address: 300 Park Hill Drive, Fredericksburg 22401
Job ID: 1817530