Encompass Health Careers
Case Manager II - Per Diem
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts
HealthSouth Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Ludlow, MA is a Joint Commission Certified 53 bed physical rehabilitation hospital. Our newly built facility treats adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
Our patients come to us just days out of surgery or the ICU and spend 1-3 weeks on average at our hospital receiving hospital level medical care and therapy services in preparation to return home to their families.
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
HealthSouth of Ludlow, MA offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
The Case Manager coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge.
The Case Manager oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge planning, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
The Case Manager performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team. The case manager assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
Additional but important aspects of the Case Manager position include: collaborating with senior leadership regarding patient flow, census management, patient care outcomes and financial performance indicators.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes DAY ONE medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Keywords, Case manager, Case Mgr, Registered Nurse, RN, Licensed Social Worker, LSW, 01056
Job code: 100679License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, Licensed Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist).
- Active license is required for his/her discipline within his/her state.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position or within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Social Worker, Occupational Therapist
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Address: 222 State Street, LUDLOW 01056
Job ID: 1817614