Encompass Health Careers
Infection Control Nurse
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture between UMass Memorial Healthcare and HealthSouth
We are a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a clinical hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- Everyday. Maybe you can too!
We are interviewing for an Infection Control Practitioner
1) The Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) directs managerial functions of planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the Infection Control Program.
2) The ICP has the authority of the Medical Staff and Governing Body to take necessary steps to prevent and/or control the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in the patient, staff, and visitor populations.
3) The Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of hospital acquired infections; educating employees about infection control; and the development of organizational infection control standards that meet state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies, CDC, OSHA, and APIC guidelines.
Job code: 100547
License or Certification:
- Registered Nurse, BSN or MSN
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist possible
Training in infection control - 1 year experience in acute hospital infection control practice preferred.
- Familiarity with CDC, OSHA, and APIC guidelines.
- Formal training and clinical education experience preferred.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1817821