Encompass Health Careers
Senior Physical Therapist- Inpatient acute rehab hospital
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts
HealthSouth Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Ludlow, MA is a Joint Commission Certified 53 bed physical rehabilitation hospital. Our newly built facility treats adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
Our patients come to us just days out of surgery or the ICU and spend 1-3 weeks on average at our hospital receiving hospital level medical care and therapy services in preparation to return home to their families. We have experience therapy and medical staff to learn from to help make you a better physical therapist!
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
Our adult acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
The Senior Physical Therapist provides physical therapy according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines, and demonstrates and promotes excellence in physical therapy patient care and treatment. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Assists with scheduling physical therapy in-services education, physical therapy student program, physical therapists and assistants orientation
- Assists with physical therapist and assistant mentoring, training and communications to drive physical therapy excellence for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 90% to 95% of work hours.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success – You will attend in-house as well as external educational programs with numerous on-line courses many eligible for CEU credits. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment. Plus we offer a monthly loan payment program after only one year of employment.
Job Code: 100011
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, inpatient rehab, acute rehab, stroke, head injury, brain injury, orthopedics, outpatient, rehab hospital, TBI, CVA, Cardiopulmonary, spinal cord injury
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Physical Therapy degree program.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 222 State Street, LUDLOW 01056
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1817918