Encompass Health Careers
Case Manager II- RN, LSW, LCSW, or Therapist
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed adult acute rehab hospital in Worcester, MA. We are Joint Commission Accredited and Gold Seal Certified as a Stroke and Brain Injury Center of Excellence.
Our teams are challenged with a wide variety of clinical cases spanning many neurologic and orthopedic disease specific categories as well as multi-trauma related injuries. Our partnership with HealthSouth and UMass Medical provides a focus on strong rehabilitative care and the patient base only a recognized trauma center and teaching hospital can provide.
Our 110-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
The Case Manager II (CM II) serves as a key member of the interdisciplinary team and actively manages and directs resource utilization to achieve the highest quality outcomes during a patient's rehabilitation experience.
The CM II coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge. As an effective communicator, the CM II manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions.
The CM II facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues.
The Case Manager II oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
The CM II performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team. The case manager assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
Keywords- Case Manager, discharge planning,
Job code: 100679
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, LSW, LICSW, LCSW, OT, PT, and Speech Therapist are all considered).
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is a diploma rather than an Associate Degree.
- For all other eligible licensed or certified health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and current state licensure.
- 2 years of case management experience preferred
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1818099