HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital in Evansville, IN is seeking PRN Speech Therapists!
The Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech-language therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of fellows, technicians and assistants (when applicable).
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapists can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.