Encompass Health Careers
Registered Nurse Supervisor - Evening Shift - Geisinger HealthSouth
Geisinger HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Geisinger HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture partner between Geisinger Medical Center and Encompass Health Corporation. We have a 42 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital located on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center. The goal of this partnership is to provide state-of-the-art rehabilitation services to Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania and help patients regain hope and independence
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patient's needs for nursing care, treatment and services are assessed, evaluated and met. Act as the direct link to help patients succeed in inpatient rehabilitation by supervising care and treatments provided by team members, communicating progress and targeting patient concerns offering timely solutions.
The HealthSouth Difference
The importance of nursing to HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals can't be overstated. At HealthSouth, comprehensive rehabilitation is planned and administered by a highly specialized and integrated team including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, case managers and others. Rehabilitation nurses are a valuable resource and bring an important perspective to this interdisciplinary approach. HealthSouth's rehabilitation nurses help the patients regain control of their lives and their independence, treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided.
Only the best will do
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- College savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-paid legal plan
- and much more!
Eighty percent of patients discharged directly home
Our registered nursing teams get to know patients over two to four weeks on average, providing care for conditions such as:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Joint replacement
- Multiple trauma
Advanced tools to support patient progress
- Advanced technologies
- Evidence-based practice guidelines
- Clinical outcomes to assess and improve treatment interventions
- National outcomes database
- Trained mentors
- Internal and external education
- Professional treatment teams
- Multiple trauma
Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
- One-year experience in inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting preferred
Job Code: 100124
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within one year of hire or entry in to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) experience in an inpatient hospital setting
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or lead capacity where they had responsibility for interim reporting, issue resolution, setting direction and had accountability for results
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 64 Rehab Lane, Danville 17821
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1623242