Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Charge Nurse- 3-11
HealthSouth New England Rehabilitation Hospital – part of the HealthSouth family of acute rehab hospitals known throughout the US for superior clinical outcomes!
This 168 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located just north of Boston, MA provides care for general rehabilitation diagnoses, such as amputations, arthritis, hip fracture, joint replacement, burns, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, we also treat neurological conditions, such as stroke, brain injury, Guillian Barre, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or critical illness myopathy, orthopedics, and other cardiac conditions.
Want a challenging environment where a team of medical professionals work as one to improve the lives of patients? Consider inpatient acute rehab at HealthSouth of Woburn, MA!
New England Rehab Hospital of Woburn offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neurorehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
At HealthSouth the role of a Charge Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Charge Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
The Charge Nurse is responsible for ensuring excellent patient satisfaction and positive outcomes by:
- Supervising the care, treatment and services provided to patients by nursing staff on the assigned unit and throughout the shift.
- Supporting the efforts of the nursing staff by providing direct patient care when needed.
- Assessing and reassessing patients throughout the shift and reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the nurse supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team by providing the appropriate information to the team, and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to patient needs and is reflective of patient goals.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment!
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 1-3 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100111
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, BSN, MSN, acute care, med/surg, med-surg, surgical, cardiac, CRRN, hospital, inpatient, floor nurse, floor RN, unit manager, nurse supervisor
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations.
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification supported
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Two years of experience in inpatient hospital setting
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 1624474