Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Chief Nursing Officer- Texarkana, TX
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Texarkana
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Texarkana is currently looking for an Associate Chief Nursing Officer to join our hospital leadership team.
Developing Future CNOs (DFCNO) is a 12-18 month “CNO-in-training” program designed to rapidly accelerate the development of candidates who aspire to be hospital Chief Nursing Officers (CNOs) and meet the program’s requirements. Program participants are placed in one of several host hospitals as an associate CNO who reports to the Host Hospital’s CNO. Upon successful DFCNO program completion, the Associate CNO applies for CNO jobs at hospitals with openings. This requires most program participants to relocate twice in two years.
The Associate CNO is responsible for developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CNO while leading significant and successful improvements in the hospital’s nursing outcomes. The Associate CNO reports to the hospital’s CNO, is a member of the hospital’s senior leadership team, and manages others – with progressively increasing responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The Associate CNO is expected to complete the Developing Future CNOs program curriculum and other tasks as assigned
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Texarkana is a 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
Hospital Location: 515 W. 12th Street, Texarkana, Texas 75501
Click here for directions.
Click here for a tour of the hospital.
Hospital Website: http://www.healthsouthtexarkana.com
Job Code: 101105
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Masters of Science in Nursing or related field (preferred, with an expectation of earning within 5 years of placement as a CNO).
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years of nursing experience.
- Three years of experience in an inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years of recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including: 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met.
- Develops and implements the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
- Develops a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes.
- Develops and implements programs enhancing a culture of safety and accountability related to all aspects of patient care.
- Creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the measurement, assessment and continuous.
- Supervises and coordinates nursing personnel and the delivery of nursing care on a 24-hour basis insuring an RN is present on each unit at all times and that all patient care activities are completed as required.
- Actively participates as a member of the hospital¿s Governing Body, Quality Council, Med Exec, Infection Control, Education, and Ethics Committees at a minimum.
- Implements effective, ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
- Integrates complex data to formulate decisions, develop programs and plans that optimize health, promote wellness, manage illness, and prevent complications or secondary disabilities in the population served.
- Implements Joint Commission, CMS, State and hospital standards and, in particular, the integration of rehabilitation nursing into these standards.
- Collaborates with nursing peers, the interdisciplinary team and others who influence healthcare.
- Utilizes staffing matrix that factors in patient acuity and adjusts staffing to meet budgeted NHPPD.
- Identifies training needs and resources for staff with other organizational leaders.
- Develops and conducts performance appraisals on department staff.
- Maintains professional licensure, clinical competence as an RN and certifications and is a functional resource to staff.
- Insures the appropriate types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care are present and appropriately assigned.
- Provides crisis management in the absence of the safety officer, CNO, and CEO.
- Monitors and appropriately controls contract labor utilization and expenses.
- Works to control and/or reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Successfully completes all assigned training on or before due date and annual skills competency as determined by the hospital based on new responsibilities, specialized equipment, high risk/problem prone/or low volume procedures including but not limited to waived testing, application of restraints, and emergency response techniques.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling in excess of these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Will be required to travel to participate in training and meetings as needed.
- Will be required to work weekdays, weekends, evenings, and night shifts as needed.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- Will be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 515 West 12th Street, Texarkana 75501
Job ID: 1715451