Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (Per Diem)
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie’s specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.
We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
The PASC will assure the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. To perform this task the PASC will:
- Use discretion and independent judgment
- Coordinate the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved for Medicare patients.
- Oversees all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI.
- Ensures the presence of supporting documentation
- Work closely with CNO and DTO to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines
- Educate staff on proper and accurate documentation as it applies to the IRF PAI.
- Develops and interprets policies and procedures and acts as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to FIM scoring and CARE coding.
This position requires a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the medical staff.
Location: 143 East Second Street, Erie, PA 16507
Click here for a map and contact information on our location.
Job Code: 101015
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Clinical licensed professional such as nurse, therapist, case management or other allied health provider
- FIM certified
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Appropriate to licensure , i.e., bachelors, associates degree or allied health degree as required for licensure
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Adheres to CMS and JC standards
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines, monitor processes or educate staff.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 1715737