HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona
is an 80-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitation. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
Our hospital has a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that about 80% of the patients admitted to HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
The Physical Therapist is part of a full team of rehabilitation specialists including Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Nursing and Medical staff providing therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Job Code: 100011
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, inpatient rehab, acute rehab, stroke, head injury, brain injury, orthopedics, outpatient, rehab hospital, TBI, CVA, Cardiopulmonary, spinal cord injury
License or Certification: - Must be in possession of current state license or on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Physical Therapy degree program.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.Address:
2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602Shift:
Day JobJob ID: