Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Cardinal Hill - Home Health Phys Therapist PPV, Full Time, Sign on Bonus up to $5,000
The Home Health Physical Therapist provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, Home Health, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines.
In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication within the home health agency (HHA) to ensure patient, staff, and HHA needs are met.
- The Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the Home Health Agency to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 100593
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Valid Drivers license and acceptable driving record
Education, Training and Experience
- Succesful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- One year experience in a Home Health setting preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company¿s Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Daily, frequent outdoor exposure including weather conditions, hazards of driving, and other hazards encountered in the community.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2050 Versailles Road, Lexington 40504
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1722122