Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director Human Resources - Hilton Head, SC
HealthSouth is currently looking for a Human Resources Director to join our hospital leadership team.
The Human Resources Director plans, organizes and directs all aspects of Human Resources Management in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, compliance with all company policies and legal aspects of employee/employer relationships. In addition, the Human Resources Director:
• Directs hospital recruitment and retention program to ensure availability of appropriate staffing resources. Serves as a resource to department managers and other employees.
• Coordinates the overall education program for all staff in conjunction with the Education Coordinator/Employee Health Nurse.
• Monitors Employee Health activities and Workers’ Compensation management.
• Assists with Benefits Administration.
• Acts as liaison between Corporate HR and the hospital management.
• Ensures appropriate documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
HealthSouth will be a brand new 38 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that will offer comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. We anticipate that construction will be complete second quarter of 2018.
Our hospital will provide a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
107 Seagrass Station Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field required. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
· Minimum of three to five years of Human Resources Management experience, preferably in healthcare.
· Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations when setting policies and procedures and in dealing with daily employee situations.
- Is responsible for oversight of all HR office operations; benefits, recruitment and retention, workers compensation, staffing and wages, employee relations.
- Ensures that the hospital is compliant with The Joint Commission, state and federal standards.
- Manages and monitors WC claims and costs; Investigates all EE accident claims and provides follow-up intervention; Directs case management of hospital EEs for work-related injuries; Manages light duty assignments & return to work program; etc.
- Acts as a liaison between corporate HR and Hospital Management.
- Works with the management team to identify training opportunities and areas for development.
- Develops and reports on data for various committees (Board, Quality Council, Safety).
- Serves as a resource to department managers and other employees.
- Works as a Senior Leader that is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Address: 107 Seagrass Station Road, Bluffton 29910
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1722136