Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Controller - Hilton Head, SC
HealthSouth is currently looking for a Controller to join our hospital leadership team.
The Controller is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to direct report staff, holding direct reports accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department’s performance.
The Controller directs and supervises the complete accounting system and financial function of the hospital. This includes charges, billing, A/R, cash receipts, collections, A/P, payroll, general ledger, forecasting, budgeting, internal controls, and audits. Facets include in/outpatient and ancillary services offered by the hospital.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital will be a brand new 38 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that will offer comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. We anticipate that construction will be complete second quarter of 2018.
Our hospital will provide a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
107 Seagrass Station Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
License or Certification:
· CPA preferred
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration/Management with a major in Accounting. MBA preferred.
· Minimum of five years hospital accounting experience preferred.
· Knowledge of financial management and analysis principles and techniques and managerial skills typically acquired through two to three years of experience in public accounting, specifically in health care auditing and reimbursement knowledge (when applied to small hospitals) or one to three years’ experience as a hospital chief financial officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approves the purchases of hospital expenses in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Performs hospital financial reviews on a monthly basis and controls expenses.
- Prepares any state financial reports that are required.
- Completes annual financial budget and capital budget.
- Reviews hospital A/R on a daily basis.
- Completes monthly financial package and submits to corporate on a monthly basis.
Address: 107 Seagrass Station Road, Bluffton 29910
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1722146