Encompass Health Careers
Regional Director of Case Management- West Region
HealthSouth is currently seeking a Regional Director of Case Management to join our team.
The Regional Director of Case Management is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables hospitals to fulfill the mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the organization's mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job Code: 100155POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
- If licensure is available for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Current CCM® or ACM certification is required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN) with RN licensure.
- For other eligible health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 3 years of hospital based Case Management experience including Utilization Review and Discharge Planning experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to travel at times involving evenings and weekends.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 5652 E. Baseline Road, Mesa 85206
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1723288