Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Occupational Therapy Team Lead
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Institute of Tucson is hiring!
Occupational Therapist to Lead Inpatient Team!
The Therapy Team Leader assists the Director of Therapy in day to day operations of a therapy team or discipline. In addition, the position:
· Requires effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships
· Requires competency in licensed discipline evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
· Requires task delegation and supervision of therapist assistants and technicians
· Assists with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and communication to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
· Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff and hospital needs are met.
· Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 80% to 90% of work hours.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Keywords: occupational therapist, otd, otr
Address: 2650 North Wyatt Drive, Tucson 85712
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1723477