Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Supervisor- Weekends Only!
HealthSouth Rehabilitation of Middletown, DE a 34 bed inpatient acute physical rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
** We are proud to have been named Hospital of the Year for 2017 out performing over 120 HealthSouth hospitals in 36 states! **
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled physicians and therapists, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Middletown, DE has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurology, cardiac, multiple-trauma and orthopedics. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home after only 1-3 weeks!
Learn more about the great work that we do: http://www.healthsouthmiddletown.com/
** We are interviewing for two Weekend Only Nurse Supervisors- 7a-7p and 7p-7a **
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for ensuring excellent patient satisfaction and positive outcomes by:
Supervising the care, treatment and services provided to patients by nursing staff on the assigned unit and throughout the shift.
Developing effective staffing schedules and is responsible for RN, LPN, Nursing Technician coverage concerns due to call outs, census changes or open positions.
Supporting the efforts of the nursing staff by providing direct patient care when needed.
Assessing and reassessing patients throughout the shift and reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the nurse supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
Participating on the interdisciplinary team by providing the appropriate information to the team, and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
Supervising the plan of care that is individualized to patient needs and is reflective of patient goals.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Nurse Supervisor is fully responsible for handling and resolving a wide range of issues that may occur on their shift from patient, patient families and facilities concerns.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and all effective day one of employment!
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Keywords: Charge Nurse, Charge RN, RN Supervisor, RN Unit Manager, RN Floor Manager, RN Acute Care, MedSurg, Clinical Supervisor, ADON
Job Code: 100124
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within one year of hire or entry in to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) experience in an inpatient hospital setting
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or lead capacity where they had responsibility for interim reporting, issue resolution, setting direction and had accountability for results
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 250 East Hampden Road, Middletown 19709
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1724292