Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
HIMS Coder ($3,000 Sign-On Bonus Available)
HealthSouth Sea Pines Rehabilitation Hospital
The HIMS Coder Credentialed codes diagnoses and procedures as documented in each patient medical record according to ICD-10-CM classification system, and assigns the impairment and CMS 13 group codes. The position abstracts information from the medical record and enters into PATCOM and UDS Proware and establishes an accurate and comprehensive data base all within the JCAHO standards, professional and regulatory agency guidelines, UHDDS guidelines and HealthSouth policies.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- RHIA or RHIT or CCS preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Health Information Technology or Administration Program or completion of AHIMA Independent Study Program or completion of advanced coding classes in ICD-10-CM and CPT4 at an accredited college or vocational school preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve approximately 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the time.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Will be required to meet established attendance standards.
- Will be required to adhere to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 101 East Florida Avenue, Melbourne 32901
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1810391