Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting with the Tax Department's overall effort to meet the Company's income and franchise tax compliance responsibilities. Each Tax Accountant Senior is responsible for various portions of the federal and state income and franchise tax compliance for a number of entities within the Encompass Health Corporation consolidated group, a portion of annual partnership income tax compliance, a portion of analysis done to support financial reporting on income taxes for the Company's annual Form 10-K filing, as well as other tasks as assigned.
Job Code: 100388
License or Certification:
- CPA preferred.
- Other professional certifications are a plus.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or some related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience, or a Masters in Accountancy or Tax degree and 1 to 2 years of relevant experience, or 3 years of Encompass Health experience in the Accounting Department required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer required.
- Experience working with tax software applications (e.g., Thomson Workflow/FastTax, TaxStream, etc.) preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability to push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills, expressing ideas clearly and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Knowledge/understanding of corporate and partnership financial accounting and tax treatment, including familiarity with corporate and partnership tax return forms and supporting schedules preferred.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 3660 Grandview Parkway, Birmingham 35243
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1810730