Encompass Health Careers
Certified Nursing Assistant II
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Henderson
This position is for Nevada hospitals only.
The Certified Nursing Assistant II assists rehabilitation nurses and/or therapists with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation treatment and patient care.
- Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation nurses and/or therapists.
- Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and supervisors.
The Certified Nursing Assistant II supports an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 100910
License or Certification:
- CNA license or certification required as the state requires.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience or holds a specialist certification such as ACT, massage therapist, AS, BS, or MS degree
- Has completed elements required for clinical ladder Certified Nursing Assistant II or equivalent training in school or on-the-job training. See clinical ladder and training manual.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 10301 Jeffreys Street, Henderson 89052
Job ID: 1810878