HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Round Rock
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Round Rock is currently seeking a Director of Plant Operations to join our hospital leadership team.
Hospital website: http://healthsouthroundrock.com/
address: 1400 Hesters Crossing Round Rock, TX 78681
The Plant Operations Director is responsible for ensuring that the Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital, satellite clinic(s) and all related building systems and equipment are installed and maintained in accordance Joint Commission standards and applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. In addition, this position coordinates and conducts the Environment of Care/Safety meetings and may serve as Safety Officer ensuring compliance with all regulatory agency requirements. The Director coordinates and oversees preventive and corrective maintenance programs per the standards in the industry and equipment manufacturers' recommendations.
The Plant Operations Director is responsible for helping create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, along with measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100076
License or Certification:
- Membership in State or National Healthcare Engineering Association preferred.
- CHFM Preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5-7 years of hospital maintenance and/or construction experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with 5 years current experience in plant equipment and systems operation (chiller, steam boilers, hydraulic systems, building controls, electrical, and air handlers) in a health care institution.
- Candidates must have a broad knowledge of TJC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA and other government, state and local regulatory agencies standards. - Leadership skills to lead a diverse workforce with varying abilities and skills.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a weight up to 40 pounds, and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements. - Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must demonstrate the ability to tolerate frequent position changes such as twisting, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and bending positions for complete shift.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds and be able to sit, stand and walk for momentary to extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely work with hazardous materials.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Address:
1400 Hester's Crossing, Round Rock 78681Shift:
Day JobJob ID: