Encompass Health Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Assistant (CNA)- 3p - 11p -post acute rehabilitation hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located on Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
At Fairlawn a Certified Nursing Assistant /Rehabilitation Nurse Technician acts in a team member capacity to help the patients, staff members, and the hospital achieve their goals. They are active in department activities to ensure individualized patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to HealthSouth.
The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant is also responsible for:
- Assisting the RN/LPN in completing tasks that support patient care activities and treatments
- Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency
- Ensures that department is kept clean and organized
- Assists with equipment maintenance and cleaning of supplies
- Completes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes
- Ensure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. All elected benefits are effective day one of employment!
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 1-3 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
Job Code: 100132
License or Certification:
- CNA preferred or as required by state requirements
- CPR certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
- Current license in MA as a Certified Nurse Assistant
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 1813107