Encompass Health Careers
Sr. Manager, Compliance - Risk Monitor (Home Health & Hospice) - Relocation Assistance Available
Reporting to the Director of Compliance Risk and partnering with key stakeholders; the Senior Manager, Compliance - Risk Monitoring is responsible and accountable for managing the implementation of a global Risk & Compliance Framework, managing the Risk & Compliance strategy, and the supporting programs, practices, policies and procedures.
Job Code: 100902
License or Certification:
- Obtained one or more of the following certifications and/or relevant advanced degrees:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), CCEP (Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional), CHC (Certified in Healthcare Compliance), or other applicable risk management certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 4 year degree in accounting, finance, business administration , healthcare or 5+ years healthcare experience
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
- Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-product line organization
- Strong analytics and computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1814051