Encompass Health Careers
Rehab Nursing Tech Full Time Nights
The HealthSouth Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, the HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, HealthSouth Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seal of Approval®
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
Amputee Rehabilitation Program
Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant is also responsible for:
Assisting the RN/LPN in completing tasks that support patient care activities and treatments
Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency
Ensures that department is kept clean and organized
Assists with equipment maintenance and cleaning of supplies
Completes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes
Ensure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. All elected benefits are effective day one of employment!
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 1-3 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
Job Code: 100132
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- CRRN preferred and supported
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 1816375