Van Matre Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital is now seeking a Physical Therapy Manager
The Physical Therapy Manager is a clinically specific position, which may include inpatient or outpatient therapy and directs the day to day therapy services provided by our Physical departments. Reporting to the Director of Therapy Operations, the Physical Therapy Manager:
- Requires effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships
- Requires competency in their specific therapy discipline for evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment
- Typically provides patient care in a licensed discipline 50%-75% of work hours
- Requires task delegation and supervison of therapy staff to include assistants and technicians
- Is responsible for staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments
- Maintains open and on-going communication with directors and managers to ensure patient, staff and hospital needs are met. The Physical Therapy Manager is responsible to help create a positive work environment, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapists can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100004
License or Certification:
- Must have current Physical Therapy license in the State of IL
- CPR from the American Heart Association required
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a Master's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program preferred
- Three years of rehabilitation experience with some supervisory experience is required.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.Address:
950 South Mulford Road, Rockford 61108Shift:
Day JobJob ID: