Encompass Health Careers
Senior IT Auditor
Encompass Health’s corporate headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, has recently announced a new position on our Internal Audit & Controls team. This is an opportunity to work for a company that has a strong commitment to its employees. Encompass Health offers productive careers with an emphasis on work-life balance, continuing education programs, and development and training programs to help employees thrive and achieve their career potential.
The corporate office is located on a picturesque campus and includes a market place, a state of the art fitness center that’s free for employees, walking trails, and collaborative workspaces. In addition, Encompass Health and our employees are dedicated to giving back to the local community. We support employee-identified and mission-focused community support organizations through participation in charity walks, Habitat for Humanity home builds, school supply drives, soup kitchens service and a host of other activities.
The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for leading audits in support of the Company's internal audit and controls program, focusing on information technology applications, operating systems, and functions. Core expectations include; ability to assess and plan audit projects; design test procedures; execute audit procedures to assess the design effectiveness and operating efficiency of the company's internal controls; communicate results demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, this position may include assisting with department initiatives, internal IT support, and training of staff auditors.
Job Code: 100993
License or Certification:
- Certification (CISA, CISM, CISSP) a plus
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years or more professional experience in Internal Auditor related field. Must be able to supervise a team of at least 3 auditors.
- Working knowledge of information technology auditing techniques and standards.
- Understanding of the risk and controls associated with business processes and ability to identify those risk and controls.
- Strong PC literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, email).
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking as needed.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1819349