Encompass Health Careers
Rehab Clinical Liaison
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts
HealthSouth Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Ludlow, MA is a Joint Commission Certified 53 bed physical rehabilitation hospital. Our newly built facility treats adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
Our patients come to us just days out of surgery or the ICU and spend 1-3 weeks on average at our hospital receiving hospital level medical care and therapy services in preparation to return home to their families. We have experience therapy and medical staff to learn from to help make you a better physical therapist!
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
The Rehab Liaison is responsible for developing census as defined through targeted goals of the business plan and developing referral relationships within the geographic territory with an emphasis on face-to-face contacts. In addition, the liaison will assist with coordination of referral to admission conversion process and represent our company in community-related activities. In addition, the position:
- Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory identifying new business and potential opportunities.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and follows up on admissions variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines, competitive analysis, and market place trends
- Provides in-services and professional presentations for referral sources, community groups and other organizations, regarding our company's services, programs and outcomes.
The Rehab Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Job Code: 100147
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving record according to company policy
- Current State Professional RN, Therapy or Social Worker License required
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare environment preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 222 State Street, LUDLOW 01056
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1820407