HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of York is a 90-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient
rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Location: 1850 Normandie Drive, York, PA 17408
The Health Information Management Service Director is responsible for the overall management of the functions and staff supervision in the HIM department. The position formulates departmental policies and procedures and maintains the indexes and registers required by accrediting and regulatory agencies. In addition, the position ensures that legal aspects of medical records practices, release of information, and hospital responsibility for confidentiality and privacy are being met. The Director establishes and maintains systems to control the collection, maintenance, retrieval and retention of clinical information and participate on committees and task forces which have medical records or clinical information management objectives.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100154
License or Certification:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)- preferred
- Active membership in the American Health Information Management Association- perferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Medical Record Technology or Administration Program or,
- Minimum of two years of HIMS supervisory experience in an acute or rehabilitation hospital preferred or,
- Successful completion of RHIA. RHIT exam or 5 years supervisory experience without credentials.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and retrieve approximately 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 75 percent of the time.
- Ability to safely lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Address:
1850 Normandie Drive, York 17404Shift:
Day JobJob ID: