Encompass Health Careers
IT Service Desk Agent I
The Service Desk Agent I is an entry level position responsible for the following core job disciplines:
- General IT Support
- First contact customer service
- Follow through
- Continual Improvement
Service Desk Agents I are responsible for supporting level 1 incidents, communicating with end users, assisting employees with technical troubleshooting, following standard support procedures, providing proper coverage and continual service improvement.
Job Code: 100713
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver¿s license
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree recommended but not required
- Entry level to 2 years of experience
Basic understanding of IT and Non IT core concepts with regard to:
- General PC hardware and peripherals, i.e. mouse, monitor, keyboard, etc..
- Knowledge and experience with the Miscrosoft Office Suite of applications including Outlook
- Laptop, tablet and cellular device usage
- Executing standard troubleshooting procedures
- Providing excellent customer service
- Documenting issues and resolutions
- Troubleshooting basic IT infrastructure and application components
Familiar with regulatory compliance:
- Privacy and Security
- Service Desk Agent L1 requirements:
Service Desk Agent L1 will have experience in supporting one or more of the following:
- Low to Medium complexity applications.
- Desktop hardware and software support.
- - Telephone, fax and other networked equipment.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment
- Handicapped accessibility
- May work under stressful circumstances at times
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Shift work is a core requirement to facilitate 24/7 365 day coverageMay be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives
- Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement of position
- May be required to travel
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1821483