Encompass Health Careers
Social Worker/Case Manager Full Time-LCSW Required
The position coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge. As an effective communicator, the individual manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions. Facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues. As a Social Worker, the individual is also responsible for providing psychological support to patients and families and guides the interdisciplinary team in the patients care. Oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management. Performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team assuring that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
Job code: 100679
License and Certification:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in NJ required.
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline. (LCSW)
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Must possess a Master's degree in Social Work.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings. if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 14 Hospital Drive, Toms River 08755
Job ID: 1821573